The Sisters of St. Basil the Great sponsor and manage Mt. St. Macrina Cemetery and Mausoleum.
The Cemetery is a non-profit, separately incorporated entity. The Sisters value it as one of their most hallowed ministries: to bury the dead, and to provide a sacred resting place for all those awaiting the final Resurrection in Christ our Lord.
The Cemetery is located on the tranquil grounds of Mt. St. Macrina in Uniontown Pa. In 1936, the Sisters. led by our Foundress, Mother Macrina, set aside a small section of land as a burial place for the Sisters, Diocesan clergy, faithful workers and women under their care.
As the need for burial spaces increased, the Sisters listened and responded accordingly. In 1981 the cemetery was expanded to over 4,000 burial spaces. The Mausoleum, built in 2000, houses a Chapel and the Cemetery Office.